SportsXpress “Cineplex Team” Contest (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”)
A. No purchase necessary
B. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest starts October 1, 2010 at 10:00 am and ends at 11:59 pm on February 29, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
C. Sponsor: Sports Express Media Inc. (“SportsXpress”) is the sole sponsor and administrator of this Contest (“Contest Sponsor”).
How to Enter
- Entries may be made by logging on to your local SportsXpress website (OR www.SportsXpress.ca then clicking on the local website in your area) and clicking Contests during the Contest Period and successfully completing the Contest entry form. All fields must be completed in full on the Contest entry form. Entries that do not contain a valid email address will be void. Entries that contain false, misleading or inappropriate information may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and all decisions of Sponsor.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except with potential winners who will be notified by telephone or e-mail.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) aged 14 and over at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, management or strategic partner/supplier of SportsXpress. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
- Persons under the age of majority, according to the law of the province or territory in which they are resident, must have the consent of their legal guardian to enter the Contest, and, if selected as Selected Entrant, as hereinafter defined, of a Prize, the legal guardian of such minor must execute all forms and documents required to be executed failing which, that entrant will be disqualified. Any entries received from a minor without the consent of the legal guardian of the minor will be considered void and will be discarded. (All references to “entrant” or “winner” when used to refer to a minor will mean the minor and their legal guardian.)
How to Win
- Every 8 weeks within the Contest Period a random draw will be conducted from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. These are the “Selected Entrants”.
- The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- The Selected Entrants will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor by e-mail and notified that they have been selected as a potential winner using the contact information provided at the time of entry to the Contest. (the “Notification”).
- If any potential winner does not respond to the Notification within five (5) working days thereof, the potential winner will be automatically disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. The return of any Notification made by email as undeliverable may result in disqualification.
- To be declared the winner and receive the Prize (as defined below) the potential winners must first; (a) sign (or their legal guardian must sign, if a minor) a declaration confirming compliance with the Official Rules and acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (b) sign and return, within the time stipulated, a waiver and release of the Contest Sponsor and their supplier of prizes from any liability in connection with this Contest; (c) sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor a Publicity Release form; and (d) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill testing mathematical question to be administered by the Contest Sponsor.
- Winners may also be required to submit valid proof of identity.
- By accepting the Prize, the winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast and publish his/her name, address and photograph, in connection with this Contest, at no additional compensation to the winners beyond the awarding of the Prize. In addition to other media, the winner will be announced in edition(s) of SportsXpress magazine and on SportsXpress.ca and/or their network of local community sports websites.
- The Prize Winner (on behalf of his/her team) will receive a team movie package consisting of 15 Cineplex general admission movie tickets. Details are as follows:
- The approximate retail value of the Prize is $150. The prize package is limited to one ticket per person that is a register player of the winner’s team.
- Tickets may be restricted by Cineplex.
- The team will submit names and team photo which will be used for promotional purposes by SportsXpress and Cineplex.
- Winner/Team is responsible for securing consent from all team members including players, parents and/or guardians.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures or communication failures; or other circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the Contest in any manner, including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrants’ ability to participate in the Contest, prize notification or entrant response to the notification, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing. Further, the Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to entrant’s or third party’s computer occasioned by participation in the Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
- Furthermore, by entering the Contest, entrants (or their parent/legal guardian, if a minor) agree that the Contest Sponsor and/or any prize supplier shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or possession or use of any Prize awarded and entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and/or any prize supplier for all claims or damages arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest.
- The Contest Sponsor makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the Prize and disclaims any implied warranties.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves their right to terminate, modify or extend this Contest or amend the Official Rules at any time without notice should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest, and Contest Sponsor shall have no liability to anyone, including entrants, for the termination, modification or extension of this Contest or amendment to the Official Rules.
- The personal information provided by entrants to enter the Contest will be (i) collected by Sports Express Media Inc., (ii) used only to administer the Contest, contact entrants if they have been selected and verify eligibility of the selected entrant, and (iii) accessible only to those employees of the Contest Sponsor directly involved in the Contest and will not be disclosed to other persons.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of information for the purposes and in the manner described herein.
- All decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants without rights of appeal.
- The name of the Winner may be obtained by e-mail sent to Info@SportsXpress.com within 120 days of the end of the Contest Period.
- As a condition of participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action proceeding, and exclusively before a court located in the province of Ontario and that the court shall apply the laws of the province of Ontario doctrines of conflict of law and that you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the province of Ontario. Further, each entrant agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal costs or attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering the Contest.
- In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant.
NOTE: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.